Posted: 27.09.21 at 13:43 by Francesca Evans
Firefighters from Axminster have been dealing with a serious kitchen fire in Seaton, which left the occupant unable to return to their home.
Crews from Axminster, Seaton, Sidmouth and Lyme Regis were called out to the incident, in a second-floor flat, at about 4.20pm on Sunday, September 26.
All those inside the house got out safely but one man needed treatment by ambulance paramedics, and the householder was supported by British Red Cross Emergency Response volunteers.
The fire was brought under control at 6.30pm but frefighters were on the scene throughout the evening and night, checking for hotspots and clearing the smoke. The incident finally closed at about 8.15am this morning (Monday, September 27).
The fire, which had started in a chip pan, caused 80 per cent damage to the kitchen, and the whole building was damaged by smoke.
Join us this Halloween season for this special spooky coach trip to the famous Wookey Hole Caves, home to the Wookey Witch! With ghostly goings-on,...